Art n Vintage Product Care
Good leather actually gets better with age and use.
How to care for your Art N Vintage leather products
- Rub lightly with a soft damp cloth dipped in light shampoo solution.
- In the case of light-colored leather avoid dirt and oil.
- Leather’s worst enemies are oil/eggs/pen marks. They do not come out.
- Art n vintage’s light-colored leathers such as white, nude, and beak have a special finish, that adds as a protective layer, but this does not help against oil.
- Leather products should be well aired out or stored in the cloth bag.
- Do not enclose leather products in plastic bags for a long period of time.
MOISTURE CONTROL :
- During monsoons, if fungus develops it should be rubbed off with a soft cloth dipped in a mild solution of Dettol.
- If soaked wet, the bag should be stuffed with paper to retain shape and left to dry naturally in shade.
- Do not dry in direct sunlight or with a hairdryer.
- Excess heat causes the leather to lose its luster and might become stiff.
CONDITIONING AND POLISHING :
- If leather products become dry and lustreless, apply a small amount of Art n vintage leather care cream.
- How to use the Art n vintage cream:
- Patch test on a less visible part of the leather to check how the cream reacts with the leather e.g. the bottom of your bag.
- Rub lightly in a circular motion.
- Ensure it is worked into the seams and remove any excess cream with the cloth.
- Use the cream as needed to lubricate and replenish the original suppleness and sheen of natural leather.
Note: The different absorption properties of each hide allow for unique textures and color variations.